Join the Sustainable Events Workshop to learn everything you need to know about the environmental impacts of events and what you can do to minimise them.
Running a sustainable event can save you money, help contribute to the University’s reputation as a leader in sustainability, raise your audience’s environmental awareness, and fulfil staff and student expectations to minimise waste.
Hosted by the Sustainability Team’s events expert Raveena Grace, the workshop covers:
- Sourcing ethical caterers and suppliers
- alternative options to single-use marketing materials and freebies
- Reuse services the University provides to reduce single-use waste
- Providing the right bins – with correct signage!
- Carbon offsetting options
- Promoting the sustainability of your event, and much more.
Plus, you’ll be provided with our new Sustainable Events Guide to refer back to including checklists to help you plan a sustainable event of all sizes.
This event is open to University of Melbourne staff and students. Register prior to event via Zoom.